A few little tips to ensure the life of your candle..
- Burn candle until the wax has liquified across the surface to the edge of the jar for the first time this will ensure an even burn
- Never burn for more than 3 hours at a time
- For Cotton wicks - When relighting, trim the wick before lighting to around 5mm – easy way is to use a tissue between your fingers or scissors to remove the charred wick
- If your candle begins to smoke it may have been left to burn too long or may be in a draft, extinguish allow to cool then trim the wick. You can also clean marks from your vessel with a clean damp cloth before re-lighting
- Wood wick candles make a beautiful crackling sound, don’t be alarmed! For wood wicks trim the wick to 2mm before each use, you can do this by simply pinching and pulling away any excess charred wick
- The most important tip is never leave a candle unattended
- When your candle is nearing the bottom of the vessel leave at least 1cm of wax, do not relight
- Remember every Waterlily h o m e candle is unique and it has been hand poured, appearance may vary due to the nature of the natural soy wax
- Soy wax is biodegradable! Wash your vessel with warm soapy water ready for reuse.
Most of all remember to Love me, Reuse & Recycle me!